By using this website, you agree that:
- Compass and EAAA employees, volunteers and board directors are not responsible for any consequences (including loss or damage or both) arising from using or accessing this website or any of its content (including links to other websites)
- You will not make any claim against Compass or EAAA for any loss, damage or expense that may arise from your use of this website, or from your reliance on any of its content
- Compass and EAAA are not responsible for any content that appears on linked websites. External content may not reflect current policies, opinions or approaches to elder abuse.
- This website is intended to be for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide or replace professional advice
Compass and Elder Abuse Action Australia (EAAA) uses social media to provide useful information regarding our content, events and services and to interact with readers and users of those services. To ensure that this social media space is kept fair, safe and for all to enjoy, we ask users to follow and respect the following rules:
We ask users not to:
- Impersonate any other person.
- Abuse, intimidate, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post or distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, hateful, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless the user owns or control the rights or has received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software, or, programs that may damage the operation of someone else's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Advertise products or services to take advantage of this page as a vehicle for business or self-promotion.
- Post or upload links to external websites.
- Conduct any other activity that may expose Compass and EAAA to civil liability.
Our social media pages are not intended as complaints forums. Compass and EAAA encourages feedback and if you wish to provide feedback on our services or make a complaint, we ask that you email us directly at email@example.com or call us on 1800 960 026.
While we like seeing your comments, photos, videos and posts, we reserve the right to remove any user content that is offensive, off-topic or inappropriate. Failure to comply with these rules will result in user content being removed and users may be banned from accessing our page.
We also ask users to consider the content of the information they are intending to share before they upload it to Compass’s or EAAA's social media pages. Once it has been uploaded, the content will be in the public domain. Users should check their personal Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube settings to protect their identity and personal information.
Links to external websites and other third-party social media presences from a Compass and EAAA social media presence are provided as a convenience to users and such sites and associated content are not under the control of Compass or EAAA. The inclusion of any link (or retweet) does not imply endorsement of that website, content, service or person by Compass and EAAA. Compass and EAAA is also not responsible for the reliability of links, or for any loss or inconvenience arising from their use.
If you have any questions about the above, please contact us.